The pitahaya, also called Sárkánygyümölcs Superfood (dragon fruit), is, in fact, a cactus fruit. The fruit has no spines but scaly skin. The fruit owes its name to this striking appearance.
In our range, you will find red Pitahayas (white flesh or purple flesh) from Thailand and yellow Pitahayas from Colombia. The skin of the red variety is much less thick than that of the yellow variety; the skin of both is inedible.
Both variant’s aromatic and juicy flesh is full of edible tiny black seeds somewhat reminiscent of a kiwi. The taste of the red sárkánygyümölcs is less sweet than that of the yellow variety.
In addition, there is a difference in the post-ripening of the fruit. A red sárkánygyümölcs is picked when ripe and does not ripen. A yellow sárkánygyümölcs can ripen at room temperature if it is still a bit greenish. The yellow sárkánygyümölcs is ripe when it has turned completely yellow.
How To Store
A sárkánygyümölcs is ripe when you can press it lightly. Store ripe dragon fruit in the refrigerator for a few days.
How To Cut
Cut the front and back of the sárkánygyümölcs and slice the flesh lengthwise. Peel the sárkánygyümölcs from the skin and cut the flesh into slices or cubes.
Cut in half and spoon out, possibly with some lemon juice in cubes, through a fruit salad in cubes with lemon sorbet ice cream. There are many recipes that you can make with sárkánygyümölcs superfood por or you can use only the dragon fruit.
Here I am listing two recipes for this wonderful fruit, if you want you can get the best recipe written at motherhoodscience.com A mom’s blog.
Recipe of Sárkánygyümölcs
Tropical smoothie with sárkánygyümölcs and coconut water
Ingredients for the tropical smoothie:
For two large glasses
- 1 pink pitaya
- The water of 1 coconut (250ml)
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 regular banana
This is how you make it:
Make a hole at the top of the young coconut. You can do this with a coconut shell drill, but we used a hammer and screwdriver. Pour the fresh coconut water into the blender.
Cut the sárkánygyümölcs in half and scoop out the flesh with a spoon. Add the flesh with the bananas to the coconut water and blend until everything is well mixed.
2nd recipe of Sárkánygyümölcs Superfood
Tropical cheesecake with purple sárkánygyümölcs A recipe with vegetable ingredients and low sugar
for the bottom:
- 150 grams of pitted dates (soft, creamy, and ideal for pie crusts)
- 250 grams of oatmeal
- 60 grams of oatmeal
- 2 tablespoons of apple syrup
- 60 ml of water
- pinch of sea salt
For the ‘cottage cheese filling:
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 500 ml vegetable yogurt (unsweetened)
- 15 grams of coconut blossom sugar
- 200 ml apple juice
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 12 grams of agar-agar
- 1 pink pitaya
This is how you make it:
Requirements: spring form and blender or food processor
We start with the bottom
- In a blender or food processor, grind the dates with 60 ml of water and 2 tablespoons of apple syrup into a firm paste.
- Mix the date paste with the oatmeal and oatmeal, and knead well. It should be a solid ball.
- Divide the ‘dough’ over the bottom of the spring form. Press well, and ensure a nice even layer with the oat/date mixture everywhere.
Now we make the filling.
- Mix the yogurt with 200 ml of coconut milk and 15 grams of coconut blossom sugar. This can be done in the blender, but it works well by hand.
- Heat the remaining 200ml coconut milk with 8 grams of agar in a saucepan and bring to a boil. You will notice that it becomes a thick mixture. Let simmer for 2 minutes while stirring constantly. Then turn off the fire.
- Mix the agar mixture with the yogurt and coconut milk. Stir very well! (I put this in the blender to ensure everything is well blended).
- Pour the yogurt mixture over the oat/date base.
The fruit layer
- Heat 200ml of apple juice in a saucepan with the remaining 4 grams of agar and boil. Let it simmer for 2 minutes, and then turn off the heat.
- Put the apple juice/agar mixture in the blender with the flesh of 1 pink pitaya and the juice of 1/2 lemon. I didn’t add sugar because I like it when the cake gets a fresh taste. Add some coconut blossom sugar, agave syrup, or honey to make the fruit layer a little sweeter.
- Pour it over the yogurt layer when the fruit mixture is well mixed.
- Place the cake in the fridge for about 1 hour to firm up.
- I decorated the cake with 2 passion fruits, but you can use all kinds of fruit. Enjoy your meal!
Motherhoodscience.com, a dragon fruit recipe you can found at https://www.motherhoodscience.com/food/sarkanygyumolcs-superfood-por.html
BUSINESS3 weeks ago
Mary Lee, Mercer Island’s Premier Realtor, Celebrates Success with Third Seamless Real Estate Transaction
PRESS RELEASE3 weeks ago
Exemplary Real Estate Agent Taura Gordon Makes Homebuying a Seamless Experience in Henderson, NV
TECH2 weeks ago
Amazon GPT-55X: Ultimate AI Companion
BUSINESS2 weeks ago
Exceptional Real Estate Experience with Pembroke Pines’ Finest – Andre Reid