The popularity of the Quito Diet has grown exponentially in the last few years. For those who are aware of their health and try to know about it, keto or ketogenic diet is a well known name. These diets reduce the amount of carbohydrates or sugars in the diet and add adequate amounts of protein and fat. This reduces hunger. Let’s not know how effective Keto diet is for weight loss.
Let’s find out now from our Quito Diet
The ketogenic diet is the super low-carb diet. In this diet carbs will be less at extreme level and fat will be much higher and protein will be at mid level. The typical ketogenic diet contains 5% of total caloric need carbs, 25% of protein and 60% of fat. This means that the percentage of food in the amount of food you eat throughout the day. Our normal diet consists of 50% carbohydrates, 20% protein and 30% fat. Suppose you eat 1200 calories throughout the day. 50% carbs means you have to eat 600 calorie carbs.
There are different types of keto diets
1. Standard Ketogenic Diet – (SDK)
It contains 5% carbs, 25% protein and 75% fat.
Types of Quito Diet
2. Targeted Ketogenic Diet – (TKD)
This diet is to be followed like a standard ketogenic diet. However, according to the type and amount of physical activity of a person, sugar is added to the diet.
3. Cyclical Ketogenic Diet – (CKD)
In this diet you have to eliminate sugar five days a week and add more sugar the other two days.
4. High Protein Keto Diet
In this method the protein increases from 25% to 35%. It contains 60% fat, 35% protein and 5% sugar. Bodybuilders or athletes do it.
Foods that you can’t eat in this diet
1. Exclude sugar or anything sweet. Coke, fruit juice, cake, ice cream, chocolate, smoothie, any kind of sweet.
Sweet foods are forbidden in the Quito diet
2. Exclude flour, rice, pasta, noodles, oats, cornflakes.
3. All kinds of fruits are forbidden. Although other diets usually have a place for fruit, the Keto diet does not. Because, the result is a lot of sugar. You can take only 20 grams of sugar in the Keto diet. On the other hand, you can get 25 grams of sugar from a big apple.
4. All types of pulses are forbidden, pulses contain good amount of protein as well as carbohydrates.
5. Potato, radish, carrot, kachu should all be excluded.
Processed foods are prohibited in the Quito Diet
. Any type of processed food should be excluded altogether.
What to eat
Beef, chicken, all kinds of fish, eggs, butter, cheese, yogurt, ghee, nuts, healthy oils such as olive oil, coconut oil, sunflower oil, any red-green vegetable, spinach, broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, gourd, You can eat all kinds of spices, fruits like olives, avocados, strawberries, lemons.
Problems with the Keto diet
1. Whole grain foods will have less fiber. And if the fiber is low, constipation will be a problem. Green leafy vegetables, nuts, along with 1-2 teaspoons of isbagul mixed in a glass of water before going to bed at night to reduce a lot of problems.
2. The body holds less water due to less carbs. So water comes out of the body. Each 1 gram carb holds 3 grams of water. So you need to drink more water to keep your body hydrated. At least 3-4 liters a day. To reduce water and mineral deficiency, 1.5-2 teaspoons of salt should be taken in daily meals.
3. The body will not get all kinds of vitamins and minerals due to stopping fruits and grains. That’s why you need to take a multivitamin supplement to make up for the deficiency. One vitamin C and one multi-vitamin capsule should be taken daily.
4. Carbohydrates give instant energy to the body. Since there will be less carbohydrates, you will feel less energetic and have trouble doing cardio type workout. There is some energy loss in all weight loss diets.
5. If you do not follow this diet plan according to the exact rules, multiple physical problems can occur. Problems such as headaches, fatigue, increased hunger, loss of sleep, dizziness and loss of physical ability can occur. It can also lead to bad breath, muscle cramps, various stomach ailments and kidney stones. So if there is any problem then you should seek the help of a doctor and after discussing with the dietitian you should stop the keto diet immediately.
This diet is for those who can diet a lot more dedicated. Because if the carb is more than 40-50 grams, the body will get out of ketosis. Those who are confused about how many calories to make a chart will calculate their BMR and how much weight they want to lose in how much time. It takes 3500 calories to lose 1 pound. You can keep one free day every 15-20 days. You can eat 200-300 grams of carbs that day, but keep in mind that the carbs should not come from anything like sugar. Another thing is if you can’t diet for at least 30 days then you shouldn’t do it. Because it will be seen that in this diet you have lost 3-4 kg weight in the first 2 weeks, then give up and go to another diet or give up then there is a chance that you have gone back to the previous weight. In this diet you can do maximum three months continuously, not more.