When it comes to the news, it’s not always easy to find the most important headlines that you might have missed without scrolling through your Facebook feed or checking every single morning. In this article, we look at the top 10 most recent headlines in the news you’ll never know about by browsing through some of the top media sources and keeping track of breaking news.
Most Popular Headlines
- Americans Spend More Time Watching TV Than Working DailyZum
- The Most Expensive Cities in the World to Live In
- NASA Finds a New Planet Called TRAPPIST-1
- Trump Administration Plans Removal of Obama-Era Climate Regulations
- Tesla’s Stock Price Plummets as Elon Musk Tweets about Losing $2B
1. Winners and losers from Trump’s election victory
There are a lot of winners and losers from Donald Trump’s election victory. Here are five of the biggest:
- Trump himself: The president-elect is likely to be very happy with his win, as he became the first person to ever win the Electoral College despite losing the popular vote.
- Hillary Clinton: The former secretary of state was hoping to become the first woman to serve as president but came up short in a bitterly fought campaign. She has since conceded the race and said she wishes Trump success in office.
- The Republican Party: They will be very pleased with their candidate’s victory and will now have a clear pathway to retaking control of both the House and Senate in next year’s elections.
- Democrats: They were hopeful that Clinton would be able to capitalise on her popularity as a female politician and win in a landslide, but this didn’t happen and they now face an uphill battle to regain power in 2020.
- America as a whole: This was an important presidential election, as it was the first time that a Republican has been elected president since 1988.
The Most Controversial Headlines
- A Former FBI Director Says President Trump Is ‘Lawless’
- The White House Responds To Comey’s New Book
- North Korea Announces Its Plans To Build A Nuclear Weapon
- Tillerson: US Will Not Pursue Diplomatic Solution To Russia-Ukraine Conflict
- Trump’s Attacks On The Media Continue
Top 10 News Stories of the Day
- In a shocking turn of events, it is reported that President Donald Trump has privately agreed to allow Russia back into the G7 Summit after they were expelled from the group following their annexation of Crimea.
- A major storm system is making its way across the United States, and is expected to cause major flooding in many areas throughout the country over the next few days.
- North Korea has released new footage of their latest missile test, which appears to show a successful launch of an intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM).
- Following weeks of negotiations, NATO has announced that they have reached an agreement with Turkey on how to handle the refugee crisis facing both countries.
- The White House has accused China of deliberately slowing down trade with the United States in order to gain an advantage in the global marketplace.
- After years of speculation, it is finally confirmed that Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are married!
- A massive fire has broken out at a waste facility in California, resulting in dozens of people being evacuated from their homes and prompting warnings from officials about potential toxic gas exposure.
Top 10 News Stories of the Year
- In the year 2017, many shocking and disturbing news stories took place which rocked the world. From the devastating effects of Hurricane Irma, to the alleged sexual assault of a young girl by Hollywood superstar Harvey Weinstein, to the Manchester Arena bombing, there was never a dull moment in news headlines this year.
- The United States midterm elections saw a number of shocking upsets, with Donald Trump narrowly losing his bid for re-election as president to Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton. This led to huge protests across America, with some people calling for a new political era – dubbed ‘The Resistance’.
- In October, Saudi Arabia announced that they were leading an international coalition against Iranian forces in Yemen – sparking accusations of war crimes from both sides. The conflict has so far killed over 10,000 people and created one of the world’s worst humanitarian crises.
- Brexit negotiations continued throughout 2017 but ultimately resulted in Britain voting to leave the European Union – a move which has caused widespread chaos and uncertainty across the continent. This is likely to have serious implications for trade and relations between countries in Europe for years to come.
- In November, Islamic State (IS) militants launched coordinated attacks across Paris which left 130 people dead – the deadliest terrorist attack in French history. IS has since claimed responsibility for the attacks which shocked France and Europe as a whole.
- Another major terror attack took place on December 14th when a suicide bomber detonated an explosive device
BUSINESS6 days ago
The sphere of influence of graphic design in the modern world
HEALTH6 days ago
Your Life Will Improve By Using Ayahuasca At Rythmia
HOME IMPROVEMENT1 week ago
Everything You Need To Know About Best Furnace Repair In Denver
BUSINESS6 days ago
Policy Making And Humanity Can Change This World For Good- Satpreet Singh