Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) was first given in Wuhan (China) in December 2019. We explain what coronaviruses are, their symptoms, and possible treatment.
It is the third time in the last 20 years, after SARS and MERS, that a human-infected coronavirus puts us on alert. The emergence of the new coronavirus 2019-nCov in China, capable of causing severe pneumonia and even death, has begun to spread throughout the world, causing great global concern.
Next, we will delve into what coronavirus is, what are the symptoms it produces and how it is treated.
What are coronaviruses?
Coronavirus is a common type of virus that belongs to a family of viruses that can cause different diseases. Coronaviruses were first discovered in the 1960s.
A coronavirus can infect both animals and people, however, they are much more common among animals. Although most coronaviruses are not dangerous, there are also those that can cause serious diseases. In fact, it is estimated that almost everyone gets a coronavirus infection at least once in their life and more likely when they are children or the elderly.
The origin of the coronavirus 2019-Nov
The first case of infection of the new coronavirus 2019-nCov was detected on December 31 in Wuhan, a city in southern China with more than 11 million inhabitants.
At first, it was believed that the new Wuhan virus had its origin in a local market where seafood and meat were sold since those affected agreed to have visited that market. However, in a new study, researchers have determined that the virus could have its origin in snakes. As for the type of snake, the scientists pointed out that there are two snakes that are common in southeastern China where the outbreak originated: the krait (Bungarus multicinctus) and the Chinese cobra ( Naja atra ). For their part, some experts criticized this study, saying it was not clear if coronaviruses can infect snakes.
After almost a month has passed, the virus has spread to at least nine other countries, including South Korea, Japan, Canada, the United States, and Germany among others.
The rapid transmission of the virus, popularly known as the “Wuhan coronavirus” has generated worldwide concern. In China, three cities have been quarantined, which has prevented the displacement of more than 20 million people. In addition, other countries are studying protection measures and are preparing for a possible epidemic.
What are the symptoms of coronavirus
Most coronaviruses spread similarly to the flu: through saliva, by infected people who cough and sneeze, by touching the hands or face of a person with a coronavirus, by touching objects that have been touched by people infected as door latches, etc …
The symptoms of coronavirus are similar to those of the flu:
- Shortness of breath (trouble breathing)
- Runny nose
- Sore throat
- General discomfort
The coronavirus can begin to manifest itself a week after being infected by the virus. Most symptoms appear between three and six days after infection.
The highest risk groups, such as the elderly and children, can develop more serious diseases when they are infected with the coronavirus, such as pneumonia, severe acute respiratory syndrome, and kidney failure, and can even lead to death.
If you already experience underlying anxiety, COVID-19 more than likely amplified these associated symptoms. While there’s no magic fix to anxiety, CBD products have been shown to ease symptoms in preliminary clinical trials along with numerous anecdotal accounts. So, while further study is warranted, you as a consumer can begin taking advantage of CBD in its many consumable forms now.
What steps to take to prevent coronavirus
There are currently no vaccines to prevent human coronavirus infections. However, both China and the United States are working on the creation of a vaccine that prevents the spread of this new virus, which is expected to be ready in three months.
For its part, the World Health Organization recommends a series of prevention measures to reduce the risk of contracting or spreading an infection:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your face, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with sick people.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces.
- Cover your nose and mouth when you cough or sneeze with a tissue. Then discard the paper and wash your hands.
- Stay home when you are sick.
In another article, we already saw some products to prevent this type of infectious respiratory disease such as coronavirus.
How coronavirus is treated
Scientists are taking advantage of past experience to determine how to handle this rapidly spreading disease. Effective treatments to combat coronavirus are not yet known. At the moment, there is no vaccine to prevent the spread of this virus. Therefore, although travel is not restricted, the World Health Organization recommends that countries take extreme precautions and pay special attention to travelers.
For its part, China has quarantined the people of Wuhan and has also closed transport to the city and its surroundings. In addition, the construction of a hospital dedicated exclusively to the treatment of coronavirus has begun and the work is expected to be completed in less than 10 days. The hospital will have beds to treat 1,000 patients.
IMPORTANT VITAMINS AND MINERALS FOR YOUR NAIL
Vitamins and minerals are critical to our overall health. A lack of vitamins and minerals can result in many health issues in our body, iron deficiency can result in anemia. In the same way, vitamins and minerals affect our overall health, they also affect our hair and nails too.
So there is a need for us to consume these vitamins and minerals in an appropriate portion to have a healthy nails (https://besttoenailfungustreatments.com/).
However, having a deficiency in most of these vitamins is not too common, because we get at least a required portion of it in our diet.
Yes, without further ado, let’s dive into the important vitamins and minerals for your nails.
Biotin is one of the most significant vitamins for your nail health, it is also called vitamin B7.
They help in promoting cell growth and also breaking down protein. Protein is very crucial in the building up of our body and repairing our worn-out tissues.
However, taking biotin as a supplement or taking food rich in biotin can boost your nail health and make them stronger.
Iron is an essential constituent in the red blood cells, the red blood cell is an oxygen-carrying portion of the blood. oxygen
For oxygen to be adequately transferred to all parts of the body, a sufficient amount of iron will be required.
The same way blood is transferred to all parts of our body, blood also needs to get to our nails
So a change in the proportion of Iron in our body can affect the blood supply getting to our nails and at the same time affect our nail health.
Iron can be found in the foods like beef dark leaf vegetables, eggs, peanuts, and beans.
Yes, another very significant mineral in our body is magnesium which is responsible for chemical reaction in our body. It is responsible for protein production, a very important reaction for our body.
Protein is crucial in our nail growth, and vertical lines in your nails can imply a sign of magnesium deficiency.
For healthy and stronger nails, take food with rich magnesium.
Vitamin C has been known for boosting the immune system and also aiding rapid healing.
It also helps bone and blood vessels. It is responsible for collagen synthesis, which gives shape and strengthens the nails.
However, this important vitamin c can’t be manufactured by the body.
So we get it mostly by consuming food rich in vitamin C such as citrus and other vegetables.
Zinc is another important mineral responsible for rapid healing.
It is responsible for the growth and division of cells. In case you don’t know nails cell divide and grow rapidly, so as a result of it, a sufficient supply of Zinc is very vital for your nail health. Not getting enough zinc can be seen as white spots on your nails.
Wrapping up, aside from the above-mentioned vitamins and minerals, there are several other B vitamins, protein, omega 3 fatty acids, and many other minerals responsible for our nail healthy.
Why Yoga Changes Your Life: Reasons To Practice It
What is it about yoga that each person who practices it assures that it has changed their life. If so many people have experienced the benefits of yoga for themselves, there must be something that makes it so special. There are many reasons that lead thousands of people to perform such strange postures and that at first may seem so difficult to us, however, everything is to start. To get rid of doubts, today we are going to see the benefits of yoga that everyone can feel from the first day.
1. Its combination of body postures with breathing, meditation and mindfulness make this practice a very complete one to take care of both the body and the mind. A state of relaxation and tranquility is achieved that allows daily tensions to be released, reducing or eliminating stress and releasing endorphins.
2. With the practice of yoga we will have an easier time relaxing and sleeping without problems. You sleep better and therefore you get a quality rest. There are several studies that confirm this, such as the one carried out by the Swami Vivekananda Yoga Research Foundation, which showed that people who practiced yoga regularly took 10 minutes less to fall asleep, in addition to increasing the number of hours they could be sleeping.
3. Thanks to the practice of body postures at the same time as controlled breathing, the ability to concentrate is increased. This work can be extended to work or study, being able to solve problems and achieve goals more efficiently avoiding unnecessary distractions.
4. Yoga helps prevent bone loss because it prevents lactic acid from accumulating in the body if it is practiced progressively and constantly. It is an exercise that contributes to having a more toned body in addition to increasing the flexibility of the joints.
5. Flexibility exercises help relieve muscle tension generated on many occasions by the state of tension in which our body is due to stress. Also, it is perfect for relaxing muscle overload caused by physical activity.
6. Yoga is a practice that helps to relieve and prevent lumbar or cervical pain derived from sedentary habits or poor posture in our daily lives. Neck pain, back pain, knee pain, low back pain, rheumatoid arthritis, sciatica or fibromyalgia are ailments that can be reduced by yoga. Although it is important to perform them safely and with the supervision of a professional to avoid injuries.
7. Both yoga and meditation have been shown to protect DNA from damage caused by lifestyle or natural aging. It is a magnificent anti-aging therapy, since it directly affects telomerase, an enzyme that protects telomeres, those chromosomes that are shortened in each cell division and that the longer they are, the more life augurs for us.
8. In the practice of yoga, breathing is a fundamental part. Good and correct breathing helps slow down the heart rate and relax muscles, thus improving our mood. It is perfect for dealing with certainly painful or stressful situations.
Yogic breathing (also known as abdominal or diaphragmatic) is practiced, which begins in the abdomen to end in the clavicle area passing through the intercostal area. This type of respiration increases the oxygenation of the cells.
Similarly, practicing yoga helps control blood pressure and the accumulation of fat in the arteries , thus reducing the chances of suffering from cardiovascular disease. Thus, it helps strengthen our immune system .
Crazy Health Benefits of Drinking Green Tea Every Day
At present, many people prefer green tea to keep their body and mind healthy. Green tea is good not only for the heart but also for the brain. One study found that caffeine in green tea impairs adenosine production. Adenosine is a neurotransmitter that determines a person’s health and well-being. Its excess damages the cells of the nervous system. This can lead to Alzheimer’s.
Studies have shown that green tea contains a large amount of a compound called L-thianine. It specifically helps to lower the levels of the stress hormone cortisol and increase the levels of the feel-good hormone serotonin. It has also been shown that caffeine and L-thianine together can enhance memory, reasoning, and concentration. Green tea contains less caffeine than coffee, so drinking it eliminates the risk of side effects. Green tea also has multiple uses.
1) Useful for lowering blood pressure
According to a study, drinking at least six cups of green tea a week can reduce the chances of raising blood pressure by 33 percent.
2) Cholesterol is controlled
Green tea also contains a lot of antioxidants called catechins. It reduces the ability to absorb cholesterol. So drinking two cups of green tea a day reduces the chances of heart attack.
3) Strengthens bones and muscles
Flavonoids present in it eliminate the problem of bone and muscle secretion. On the other hand, phytoestrogens do not allow the body’s tissues to be damaged.
HEALTH5 days ago
Trypophobia: what it is, main symptoms, and treatment.
FASHION5 days ago
Get the best Shoulder Tattoo Flower now!
HEALTH5 days ago
What is dementia, what are the symptoms, stages, and types of dementia? How is dementia different from Alzheimer’s?
HEALTH5 days ago
Physical Therapy (Pelvic Floor Therapy)
HEALTH5 days ago
Claims in foot/ankle surgery- What should you do?
BUSINESS5 days ago
Making Money from Staring a Blog is Easier Than You Think
HEALTH5 days ago
Why Sleep Matters When It Comes to Health
BUSINESS5 days ago
Ecommerce Photographers Are Using Cut out Photo Background to Improve Product Appearance